Many homeowners know how to plant grass seed in their lawn. A beautiful lawn can be made with sod properly installed. Sod lawns can be rolled up grass pallets which are then placed onto your yard by a professional landscaper.
It can be difficult to decide between grass seeds and sod. Each situation is different. Knowing the facts about sod will help you make informed decisions.
SOD LAWNS OFFER MANY OPTIONS
- Instant results: In just seconds, sod can transform bare grass into lush green grass. Sod instantly gives lawn lushness and fullness. This is unlike having to plant grass seeds later. Your grass can be used for outdoor activities.
- Sometimes, sod is more expensive than grass. Growing grass from seeds can lead to additional costs like fertilization, over-seeding, and weed control. Sod is cheaper long-term.
- By growing sod, professionals can help to prevent weeds. The new turf is completely free of weeds. The dense soil discourages the germination of weed seeds.
- Healthy Base: Lawn care experts grow sod. They can provide water, fertilization, and soil rich in nutrients. A strong foundation is essential for a healthy lawn.
- Soil Protection:Sod protects the soil below with a thick green carpet. It can withstand erosion, dust and waterlogging. It prevents rain runoff from hilly or sloped areas.
Sod makes lawn care easy. Sod is a great option for lawn care. It not only fixes the immediate problem, but also protects soil and maintains a healthy lawn. Sod is a great option to grow your lawn.